In this episode, Dr. Rhonda Patrick discusses all things vitamin C. This episode covers oral bioavailability, intravenous vitamin C bioavailability, immune cell function, common cold and other viral infections, lung function, sepsis, pneumonia, inflammation, intravenous vitamin C and cancer, role in exercise, safety concerns, and so, so much more!
In this episode, you'll discover:
- (00:00) Introduction
- (07:33) Background on vitamin C, an antioxidant and immune booster
- (17:09) Bioavailability of vitamin C and dose frequency
- (22:53) Vitamin C in the context of the common cold
- (28:09) Vitamin C improves lung function and immunity
- (35:54) Vitamin C and exercise - does it blunt exercise adaptation?
- (45:51) Vitamin C and fatty acid oxidation, including relevance in obesity
- (48:44) Vitamin C and the brain - memory, learning, and executive function
- (51:15) Intravenous Vitamin C and its use for the treatment of certain kinds of infection
- (55:33) Intravenous Vitamin C as an adjunct cancer therapy
- (57:40) Effect of Vitamin C on fertility and reproduction
- (58:36) Intravenous vitamin C and cardiovascular health
- (01:00:42) Vitamin C and inflammation
- (01:02:38) Vitamin C’s mechanisms of action
- (01:08:34) Intravenous and Oral vitamin C safety
- (01:10:20) Vitamin C intake and kidney stone risk
- (01:13:57) Conclusions
If you’re interested in learning more, you can read the full show notes here.
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest information straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor
Direct download: vitamin_c.mp3
-- posted at: 11:48am EDT