In this episode, Rhonda gives a summary of the science of resveratrol including its effects in animals and humans, mechanisms, and the bottom line on resveratrol supplementation and safety.
Learn more about resveratrol at our comprehensive overview
- 00:03:39 - Clinical effects of resveratrol in humans
- 00:04:10 - Effects on cardiovascular health biomarkers in humans
- 00:06:54 - Reduction of inflammatory biomarkers in humans
- 00:08:11 - Improved cognition and memory in clinical studies
- 00:11:23 - Healthspan improvements in animals
- 00:12:28 - Induction of longevity genes via xenohormesis
- 00:16:19 - Contradictory effects on exercise-associated benefits
- 00:20:34 - Various factors that affect resveratrol bioavailability
- 00:23:09 - Unintentional effects on drug metabolism
Get earlier access with the premium members early access podcast feed, monthly Q&A sessions, an exclusive bi-weekly science digest email, and more! Click here to learn about premium.
Click here to sign-up for a three issue trial of the bi-monthly science digest.