In this video Dr. Rhonda Patrick interviews Dr. Terry Wahls about how she reversed her secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis with a micronutrient-dense diet and Paleo principles. She identified vitamins/minerals and other compounds present in vegetables/fruits that are essential for mitochondrial health, which is critical for brain function.
In this episode, we discuss...
- 00:00:00 - Introduction
- 00:00:48 - Dysfunctional mitochondria contribute to disease development
- 00:04:03 - Suboptimal magnesium status is common and possibly dangerous
- 00:04:50 - Green vegetable consumption is key to Dr. Walhs’ wellness
- 00:06:18 - The Triage theory explains how low micronutrient intake increases aging-related diseases
- 00:09:20 - Fruits and vegetables are color-coded for the variety of micronutrients needed in our diet
- 00:10:35 - Sulfur, found in garlic, onions, and cruciferous vegetables, is needed for mitochondrial function
- 00:16:55 - Dr. Wahls’ protocol of diet, supplements, and exercise improves fatigue in MS
If you’re interested in learning more, you can read the full show notes here: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/terry-wahls
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest distilled information straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor