In this special two-hour Q&A episode with Dr. Jed Fahey, a world-leading expert on the science of chemoprotection and, in particular, sulforaphane, we discuss many of the listener-submitted questions from the hundreds of live event participants.
Get the full timeline and show notes.
Listen to learn Dr. Fahey's thoughts on…
- 00:07:19 - The minimum daily dose of sulforaphane that elicits beneficial health effects
- 00:12:04 - Why gauging the amount of sulforaphane in foods presents challenges
- 00:17:37 - Workarounds to enhance the sulforaphane in cooked foods
- 00:23:38 - How often to consume broccoli sprouts and how long their effects last
- 00:39:28 - The effects of sulforaphane on glutathione production in the brain
- 00:43:12 - The effects of sulforaphane on cancer
- 01:17:26 - Alternatives to sprouts, such as supplements (and which ones Dr. Fahey recommends)
- 01:33:08 - Safety concerns regarding sulforaphane
In this episode, Dr. Fahey mentions the following companies, websites, and supplements:
Learn how to sprout at home safely by downloading the 15-page sprouting guide developed with Dr. Fahey.
Sign-up to participate in the live every-single-month Q&A series by becoming a FoundMyFitness premium member.