Dr. Dominic D'Agostino
This podcast is with Dr. Dominic D'Agostino, an assistant professor at the University of South Florida in Tampa and all-around expert on ketosis.
In this podcast we discuss:
- 00:00:00 - Introduction
- 00:03:46 - Ketosis has abundant therapeutic potential
- 00:10:20 - What to eat to maintain nutritional ketosis
- 00:19:58 - Does a high-fat diet harm the gut?
- 00:29:14 - Adaptations to a ketogenic diet expand mitochondrial capacity
- 00:38:45 - How the brain uses ketones
- 00:46:36 - Ketones improve Alzheimer's symptoms (unless you have an APOE4 allele)
- 00:57:17 - Are ketone supplements a "magic pill?"
- 01:07:32 - Why cancer cells may need sugar
- 01:23:51 - Metformin is more than a diabetes drug
- 01:30:33 - The body creates sugars while in ketosis
- 01:36:21 - Restricting glutamine to slow cancer growth
- 01:43:24 - Ketone supplements taste awful, but likely improve health
If you’re interested in learning more, you can read the full show notes here: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/dominic-dagostino
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest distilled information straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor