Dr. Dan Pardi researches sleep neurobiology and is a co-founder of Dan’s Plan, an online wellness and technology company.
In this episode, we discuss...
- 00:00:00 - Introduction
- 00:03:27 - Circadian rhythms are key to health
- 00:07:07 - Artificial lights suppress melatonin production
- 00:12:04 - Sleep clears toxins from the brain
- 00:16:14 - Sleep deprivation increases appetite and decreases energy expenditure
- 00:24:09 - Sleep is critical for creating long-term memories
- 00:31:29 - Blue light can reset circadian rhythm in the Antarctic winter
- 00:36:57 - Long-term exercise improves sleep quality in women
- 00:44:43 - Sleep deprivation worsens decision-making
- 00:51:02 - Practices that encourage healthy sleep
- 00:53:57 - A healthy diet supports good sleep
- 00:59:59 - Dan’s plan bridges the gap between research and your personal health
Join over 300,000 people and get the latest distilled information straight to your inbox weekly: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/newsletter
Become a FoundMyFitness premium member to get access to exclusive episodes, emails, live Q+A’s with Rhonda and more: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor